Saturday, July 16, 2005

Movie: The Wedding Crashers (8 of 10)




8 out of 10

Loved it. Jennifer loved it. Would like to see it again to catch some of the jokes that flew by so quickly. I think that some comedies intentionally cut their movies to facilitate this -- you know it is funny because you picked up on some of it. But, you need to hear the line a few times to grap the whole thing.

I can't wait for the uncut version to come out on DVD. Will be a great fit.

It was interesting to see a little 80s-style, gratuitous nude shots.

I don't think that I liked Wedding Crashers as much as Old School...but there is no doubt that Crashers is the best comedy since Old School.

The rating may get adjusted upwards as I think through how this ranks with other movies.

[spoiler] I was proud of myself for an early prediction in the movie. Early in the movie, Vince Vaughn was refering to his mentor and master "crasher" in a conversation with Owen Wilson. I immediately turned to Jennifer and commented that this master would either be Will Ferrell or Ben Stiller. I was betting on Ferrell. I was right. I thought the character failed to live up to expectations. But, that was inconsequential as his presence and the little spice that it added was enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home